This December I turn 29 years young. It’s my last birthday before I become “thirty, flirty and fun.” That’s a 13 going on 30 reference, bee tee dubs.
I was scrolling through my Instagram feed and for some reason a lot of people I know are turning the big 3-0. It may have to do with a lot of them being my high school friends or maybe I follow an older crowd. Idk. Anywhoosers, I’ve seen the 30 before 30 bucket list. I was like YASSS that’s perfect. Lately I have been feeling that the only thing that I have successfully done is become a mom. If someone is asking me what I do, I say “nothing, I’m just a mom.” The smart people know the perfect answer is ” moms aren’t nothing, you are not just a mom, you’re a cook, maid, launderer, chauffeur, referee, nurse, secretary, personal shopper, paparazzi” and I thank them. The not so bright say “oh that’s cool” <insert eye roll.>
What I want to do is challenge myself to do AT LEAST 30 things I’ve never done before I become that number I keep repeating and making myself feel so old. I need to remember that I’m not just a mom and that I’m a person too. My needs and wants matter just as much as anyone else’s. maybe not as much as the kids’ but they do matter.
- Go on a sans kids vacation with my husband. I’m not talking about a overnight hotel stay, I’m talking about a weekend,or longer, of doing exactly what we want to do.
- Sky diving. That’s on everyones bucket list, but I can tell ya, I will more than likely have a heart attack on the way down, so I believe indoor similuated sky diving will work.
- Turn a hobby into something I can make money doing. Photography, blogging, sewing, making shirts
- Learn to decorate cakes
- Make real “mom” friends that hang out all the time… Play dates, library dates, kid less brunch dates.
- Run a color run or a 5k or something along those lines.
- Grow a garden
- Watch all the Lord of the Rings without falling asleep
- Learn to scuba dive. Or snorkel. I’d totally settle for snorkeling
- Take Addisyn to see the Eiffel Tower. In Vegas. And act like I’m taking her to a different foreign land.
- Disneyland family vacation with Mitchell. (I’m hoping this happens next month but probably not, this year though) omg how cute would Roczen be proposing to the princesses?!
- Test drive a Ferrari. Without scratching it. Actually I’ll test passenger a Ferrari.
- I really want to see Rockefeller center at the Christmas time. I don’t know if that’s possible. But it’s on the list. Even just before I die list.
- Buffalo Wild Wings blazin wings challenge.
- Get a selfie with a famous person/celebrity
- FINISH PAINTING AND DECORATING MY HOUSE.
- Get a an updated family photo. Our current one is 2 years old.
- Watch Justin Bieber perform. Live. Once a belieber, always a belieber.
- Ride in a hot air balloon
- Learn to snowboard. I live in Arizona. Very limited. Haha
- Be more patient.
- Hold a fundraising event in honor of my cousin Peter and raise awareness of childhood cancer.
- Join a Coed softball team with the hubby.
- Take the kids camping in the dunes to ride their dirtbikes. (Borrow a side by side)
- Master the talent of clean eating and improve my cooking skills.
- Ride an elephant.
- Read all the Harry Potter books and then go to Harry Potter world.
- Take an art class. Or some kind of class to improve my skills I already have. Haha like nunchuck skills.
- Do a 365 day, photo a day project. I take pictures everyday. So that should be easy. Maybe. Idk
- Bring in 30 like it’s going out of style. Have my husband throw me a party. Really I’ll throw it but say he did it so I’m not lame.
Here’s to the last 15 months before I turn the age to end all young feelings I could possibly have. Haha jk
I’m going to be forever young.